Alexis Johnson and Teresa Leger Fernandez Debate 1 Reaction
Initial Reactions between Alexis Johnson and Teresa Leger Fernandez Debate 1 on October 7, 2020 for US House NM03:
- Alexis Johnson incredibly robotic and detached
- Alexis Johnson repeatedly stating ‘Dine’ and Navajo Nation, sounds like the is running for Navajo Nation President and not NM CD-3 US Representative
- Alexis taking some ‘shots’ at Teresa Leger Fernandez, expect Leger Fernandez to respond in a similar fashion on tomorrow’s (10/8/2020) debate and in the following weeks
- Johnson is running away from her previous experience in Oil & Gas, even going so far as to falsely correct Leger Fernandez who brought up this fact, by Alexis stating that she is in “waste water recycling and engineering”, what she failed to mention is that she is recycling the wastewater from Fracking /Oil & Gas extraction.
- Johnson comes across as extremely aggressive and continues to speak over Teresa Leger Fernandez and the moderator, and continually makes left-handed jabs towards Leger such as “my opponent mentioned my family but I won’t mention hers.” Posturing herself as morally superior to Teresa Leger Fernandez and perhaps hinting at that Teresa addressed the fact that she had two brothers pass from addiction.
- Alexis tried to ask Leger Fernandez a “gotcha” question: “Why have you done nothing to stand for Hispanic heritage here in New Mexico right now?” Alexis is basing this ‘strength’ based upon an ad that she did where she condemned vandalism of a priest which passed away in 1997. “we need to remember what I have done for my life career is doing alot, supporting Latino cultural preservation, I was President Obama’s appointee to the advisory council on Historic Preservation where what I did was bring together people from across many, many different areas to say that we need to make sure that All American Stories are included in the American Story including Latinos, Native Americans, Asian Americans. this is part of what I’ve done. To say I haven’t stood for Latino culture just doesn’t make any sense to me. I was on the board of Maldev where I’ve fought for Latino Civil Rights.” [Alexis Johnson Interruption] “You must only stand when you’re getting paid” [Teresa Continues:] “All of these things were things I did Pro-Bono.”
- Why is Alexis Martinez Johnson running away from her Oil & Gas background?
- Alexis Johnson looked like she was going to cry during her closing statement